10-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
DCT owners probably don't care as much but if you have a manual, chances are that the default driving modes are not ideal:
  • comfort - lazy mapping
  • sport - good response but TCS and ASC take away the fun
  • sport+ - almost perfect but the pedal feels like on/off switch, just too aggressive
  • traction - MDM mode is great fun but the throttle response is lazy like comfort mode and it uses standard cooling
  • TCS/ASC off - almost perfect but no rev matching and I kinda prefer the safety of the MDM mode. I believe the throttle mapping and engine cooling is the same as Sport which is what I want.

The mode I really want is Sport+ with the Sport throttle response and I don't think I'm alone.

But getting there is tricky.

Here is what I found so far:
  1. BM3 custom tune - cost probably around $1000. Advantage - extra power, deal with stuff like cold start noise, possibility to enable rev match with TCS/ASC off.
  2. Pedal tuner - small piggy back box to modify pedal input, around $300. Some of them only offer sharper response but some have an "eco" setting that could probably dull the response in Sport+

Is there another option? I basically just want two modes with easy switching in between them:
Street driving - Sport pedal, TCS/ASC on, regular cooling, rev match
Track/spirited drive - Sport pedal, MDM mode, sport cooling, rev match
Get the BM3 license and it will let you edit the stock tune. There's configurable maps for throttle modes, you can copy/paste the table values from sport to sport+. You can also configure it to keep rev match on in any mode. You won't get any power increases though since this is the stock map.

PTF locks the map tables for their OTS tunes so you wouldn't be able to edit the throttle mapping but it does let you configure rev match for any mode.

Last edited by PackPride85; 10-06-2020 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0