View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

Throttle sensitivity options

DCT owners probably don't care as much but if you have a manual, chances are that the default driving modes are not ideal:
  • comfort - lazy mapping
  • sport - good response but TCS and ASC take away the fun
  • sport+ - almost perfect but the pedal feels like on/off switch, just too aggressive
  • traction - MDM mode is great fun but the throttle response is lazy like comfort mode and it uses standard cooling
  • TCS/ASC off - almost perfect but no rev matching and I kinda prefer the safety of the MDM mode. I believe the throttle mapping and engine cooling is the same as Sport which is what I want.

The mode I really want is Sport+ with the Sport throttle response and I don't think I'm alone.

But getting there is tricky.

Here is what I found so far:
  1. BM3 custom tune - cost probably around $1000. Advantage - extra power, deal with stuff like cold start noise, possibility to enable rev match with TCS/ASC off.
  2. Pedal tuner - small piggy back box to modify pedal input, around $300. Some of them only offer sharper response but some have an "eco" setting that could probably dull the response in Sport+

Is there another option? I basically just want two modes with easy switching in between them:
Street driving - Sport pedal, TCS/ASC on, regular cooling, rev match
Track/spirited drive - Sport pedal, MDM mode, sport cooling, rev match
Appreciate 0