09-29-2018, 08:41 PM   #61
Saanen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD, VW e Golf (DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
I believe a lot of owners assume that Dinan will not void the warranty....not accurate. If you carefully read the language on their website ( yep I am a damn lawyer) it appears that Dinan will "cover" their parts just like the factory but Dinan is solely responsible to cover repairs....so at the end of the day you are relying on a third party to fix your car not BMW. If I am wrong I would like to hear from others who have had to make a Dinan claim. Dinan tells its customers:
"The installation of Dinan Performance Products and systems may affect the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty may not apply to modifications to a vehicle or the installation of any performance accessories or components attached to the vehicle which substantially alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which result in damage to other original vehicle manufacturer’s components."

Indeed, there are no real guarantees but I have read on this forum and talked it over with service managers, Dinan staff and the shop that installs a whole lot of Dinan equipment in the Bay Area...and it sounds like most things would be covered either by BMW or Dinan...at this point it is only my Fabspeed down pipe that would mean any problems with the oxygenators will be on me.
Appreciate 0