View Single Post
      03-06-2023, 12:23 AM   #289
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Another track weekend in the books!

It's really convenient to take the train down there, as I'm an 8 minute walk to the train station

It's only about 2hr 25min or so.

Made it around 11:30pm, then off to the hotel to sleep.

Next morning, bright and early, time to hit the track!

And yes you see a camper in the background, some dude (actually i've seen 3 so far) bought a camper and sleeps at the track. Lol.

For some reason my instrument cluster was being......weird......

Another guy went off the day before getting out of the way of someone on a flying lap, and bent a wheel, so had to get it fixed and reinstalled that evening to be able to drive the next day.

Siiiick GT3 showed up. In Korea, it looks like only the 992 GT3 will be offered. 992 GT3RS will not be offered due to the wing size being larger than the width of the car. So, GT3's are selling like hotcakes.

It was a pretty quiet turnout the entire weekend, which was GREAT for empty track space.

It was also great weather!!

Unfortunately, a Veloster crashed out on his outlap of the first session in turn 4 so it was immediately red flagged for the entire session I was in, so instead of 4 sessions on Saturday I only did 3 sessions. And no, they don't provide makeup sessions unfortunately.

Velosters are known for snap oversteer which is what happened here.

So we went to lunch.

I'd say I'm wearing pretty evenly for being -3* rear, -4* front!

*some* people take laptimes to the Nth degree so our Lotus friend regularly cleans the tire gunk from the inside of his wheels for that extra .00001 seconds.

I'm happy with the setup so far.

I'm back into the 29's, which is where I was end of the season last year, it only took like 4 days to get there lol

The best part of any day is dinner.

Then off to bed to prepare for the next day!

Next morning was nice and clear.

Not a cloud in the sky.

Can't start the day without breakfast.

On Sundays, there's two sessions in my group in the morning (5 total vs 4) so I ran two sessions - my friend in his DCT M2 did a lead/follow type thing and it's really fun driving close to someone else to compare their line with yours. Ended up overdriving a bit and locked up at the end of T1 after 7 hot laps or so, so had to bring it back a bit and do a couple cool down laps.

Lunch was great.

Back at the track, I don't know this guy but something with his transmission linkage or cable broke or snapped so... They made a makeshift lift.

Not sure I would do it that way but whatevs!

Really like how the car is sitting.

Alas, the weekend came to and end and it was time to put away the car.

I forgot to mention earlier, it's amazing what car companies are coming out with nowadays. This is a Kia Carnival van (limousine) only four seats total and the two back seats are... incredibly comfortable.

Then back to the station to go home!

Qualifying was at like 1am so I missed it, so I caught up on the train.

All in all great weekend. It started to get quite warm (comparatively) at 16C or so towards the end of the day, so my balaclava was soaked with sweat and you could feel it in the tires as well. My tires were getting up to 75-80C during a 20 minute session, so it definitely got hot!

I have a new set of tires sitting in the pit so next week I'll get those switched out.