Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattolez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattolez View Post
what does everyone think? i have an allocation for the CS but im debating passing on it if this new 2022 m2 with specs not too far off comes out in a year or two. i own the og m2 (2017) now for 3 years, absolutely love it, just want to make sure i do the right thing here. looking at how much the m4 cs has depreciated has spooked me a bit as well. thanks guys.
The new M2 is not supposed to go into production until December 2022 so not on dealer lots until 2023, so 2 and a half years from now. Awhile if you ask me.
Thanks guys , appreciate it. Think I'm going to pass on the M2CS and try to get a deal on a M2C later this year. Seems like you get most of the performance improvement at a much lower price. Then leaves some dry powder for the next-gen in 2023!
That was my approach as well. Passed on the M2CS and have a M2C in the production queue for delivery sometime in September.

Honestly, I still love the CS, but from a limited edition and investment standpoint. In terms of performance, it does not have as large of a gap compared to the M2C for my specific use case. Although I do love the electronic dampers.