09-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #110
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
You could certainly do it that way. There are a few options that I have seen regarding controllers. Some people use jb4, some use the snow controller, etc. The problem I see with triggering at a set IAT number is that ambient is a moving target. Everything is relative that way, with tuning and how the ecu works. So I guess if you only wanted meth to spray at a certain IAT, you could do that, but you'd have to play with your setup to find the magic number that works best for your setup. Lot's of log reviews are in your future.

For me, when it's cold out, or when I'm not pushing the car, I just turn my WMI system off. I have a super fancy toggle switch the has a green light illuminated when the system is on, and not when it's off

@Endeav, I apologize, I'm not trying to threadjack here. I can delete this stuff if you want. I'm just trying to be helpful and share what I've learned.
Perfectly fine . Discussion is always good.

I agree, going by IAT is definitely over complicating it, and honestly probably hindering you from max performance. You also want the methanol for added octane which is a benefit observed independently of IAT.

I would just get a toggle switch like switlikbob has and turn it off on those days you don't think you'll need it.
Appreciate 1
_tphamm199.00