Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Good that there are other intake options now but Dinan makes the best intake for this vehicle..

I know this forum is infested with Dinan haters but their fit and finish on par with BMW standards and more important than everything else; No CEL light! Which will guarantee happen with any open intake due to the sensitive MAF sensor mapping.
Not true. The Eventuri and CTS intakes don't throw CEL codes.

And the Dinan requires you to modify or remove a brace...
Eventuri yes, I know it's doesn't throw a CEL, since it's practically a close set-up anyways and I can't speak for CTS intakes.

You believe what you want, it's your car. But before you doubt me, you should educate yourself on the subject.

Factually, an open intake does cause a CEL due to MAF sensing a surge of air not prevalent to the stock mapping, so the vehicle throws a code because it assumes there is a defect in the system. It's not that they're essentially a bad product, it's just the nature of open intakes on BMWs.

I went cheap before, got an open intake and my first WOT I had a CEL. I contacted the manufacturer and he said "you need a tune"

After some research, I learned that BMW MAF sensor is sensitive to open air intakes. The only way around a CEL is a tune to disable the MAF sensor.

Any close setup will mimic a stock air flow, thus no CEL.
Appreciate 0