AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon157 View Post
I see you both have the M Perfomance V2 Steering Wheel. I really like the look of it. Any regrets? I’m a little concerned about the Alcantara sides with premature wear. I have some Sonax so I could try to keep it fresh with that. I read a member here purchased the wheel and then sold it because he didn’t care for the boxy grip on the top of the wheel. Does is bother you at all? Does the leather have a quality feel to it?
If having softer leather, heat and a round shape are more important to you than looks then I wouldn't reccomend getting this wheel. Ergonomically I prefer the stock wheel 10 fold. I just think this one's a million times better looking and that's more important to me on this build.

Also, if you like drifting on the track or doing donuts in parking lots I wouldn't get a wheel like this that isn't perfectly round or smooth. It's very awkward to handle in the sense that it won't easily or comfortably spin through your fingers/hands.

I personally have no regrets but then again the M2 isn't my daily driver. Perhaps if it was I would miss the wheel heating and soft leather and would be more concerned with the wear on the Alcantara, but as it stands now this is just a fun weekend car that doesn't get much use. Therefore the Performance wheel (to me) isn't about practicality or comfort, It's just there to look good
Appreciate 2
DanG10656.00