02-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #18
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1695176

Hmm, it’s like everything you said was wrong, including noting the plum back model vents entirely to the atmosphere (it doesn’t) increases lag (it doesn’t) and that it’s somehow inferior to the dV+ (Some people have reported better performance when they switched from the DV+)

Let’s just request logs and compare them and not just hand wave it away without any evidence
See, this is the same thing I run into every time I ask questions or seek clarification about this product. Everyone just says "you are wrong" without providing any evidence to prove otherwise and starts some argument against me for asking questions about the thing. I am talking about the actual hardware of the device, so it should be easy to prove wrong that it's not pneumatic, that it's not binary, and that it doesn't vent entirely to atmosphere. Everything that I state is also facts about the hardware limitations of how the BOV works. Pneumatic valves are inherently slower than electronic ones. Venting entirely to atmostphere or partially to atmosphere both inherently induce lag, as opposed to the OEM and DV+ which divert boost back into the system. Binary systems also lose valuable boost compared to progressive systems. There are all physical facts based on hardware. This isn't something you need logs for, you can look at how it's made.
Appreciate 0