View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 05:07 PM   #55
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
A bit bitter there huh? Do you also "break-in" your aftermarket parts, coilovers, bushings, etc.? If so, you're the only person I have ever heard of that does so. Remember, you responded to my original comment first. I repeated myself MULTIPLE times reading "do what makes you sleep best at night." Want to putt around for the first 1200 miles, go ahead. Not my car, so I don't care. I wouldn't want you "breaking in" my new M2C, and I'm sure you feel the same.

And nothing to do with the motor...? You directly linked a BMW article where number 4 is almost explicitly about the engine.

Point here is, do your own thaang. Beat on it, baby it, who cares, it's YOUR car. As long as you're enjoying it, it doesn't matter.
I don't see where you're getting me being bitter from. Even if I was bitter, I don't see how that's relevant nor how bringing it up is relevant to the conversation. The facts I presented are still valid and a "mood" doesn't change that. Though, the fact that you've responded hostily after I brought up counter points and corrected your misinformation, makes it seem like you're the bitter one though.

And yea, it's recommended everyone breaks in their coilovers and bushings and brakes before using them. That's what the entire post was about... A quick google search shows that of many people asking how to break in these parts and many guides explaining how to do it. Just because you personally haven't heard of it isn't statistical evidence that you aren't supposed to do it and there aren't good reasons to do it.

And again, my argument was never against "do whatever makes you sleep best at night" but correcting your misinterpretation of information because it convinced someone to do something not apparently healthy. Though telling someone "Do whatever makes you feel good" isn't particularly good advice to give someone who is ignorant to the risks involved in that behavior anyway. Would you tell your daughter "Do whatever makes you feel good" if she asks about having unprotected sex with multiple men? Or dating an alcoholic biker? Or letting someone cross the street without looking because it's what they want to do? etc.

You keep wanting to go in circles. Keep wanting to bring up points that were already hashed out and resolved with non-arguments, as if they weren't resolved. And making it personal and about me. So at this point, if the hostility continues, the conversation has degraded past the point of me seeing a reason to continue it.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 02-13-2020 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0