View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #48
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
My car had 2 miles on it when I purchased it. Others who had picked up their cars right after delivery have reported usually 4 miles and no more than 6. If you look at the size of the ships and shipyard that deliver the car, you will understand where the mileage comes from. BMW does not test drive cars before shipping. This is a fact.

My argument isn't for "what makes me sleep best at night" it's in respond to the other person listening to your flawed reasoning to not break-in his car.
And you work for BMW I presume...? So at 1199 miles I haven't hit above 5000 rpm, but at 1200 miles I give her the beans at bang rev limiter, what EXACTLY changed for this to happen? (HINT, it's NOTHING changed). It sure isn't software limited.

It's like being 20 years old at 11:59 on your birthday, yet waiting till midnight to be able to buy a drink. The break-in procedure is simply a CYA by BMW, to keep morons from wrecking their cars. My response or reasoning isn't flawed, it's an opinion. You have yours, I have mine. In case you missed my edit, I too can google specific things to fit my agenda.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+engine+hard+break+in

Feel free to read any of those results. Don't care either way though.
Appreciate 0