Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
Wow. Can't say I am shocked.

Reading Scott's hardcore right winger / afd type posts as of late it seems the culture at bmw might be a hostile one to someone with his last name.

Pure conjecture but wouldn't be surprised if he was either pushed out for that reason or left of his own accord because of something like that. If it is true then the bmw m2 designer is on his way out next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I get the feeling that there is a lot of racism in between the words on this thread.
I bet that if the designers last name was smith this thread would have took a different direction. imagine saying bangle was a better designer, what a joke.
it's such a shame to have so much racist coming from a country they think is first world, now that's a shame.
So because everyone didn't like his designs, while you do, that automatically makes people racists? I haven't seen anyone on here mention his last name, or presumed Muslim background. Just lol at the amount of pathetic you both portrayed in your insinuations when nothing indicates that he was even fired, or left on his own; as he's apparently done before. All I know is BMW hasn't had any revolutionary designs, not to say his were bad, ugly or distasteful they also didn't inspire the way previous generations did (aside from M's). Can't really go backwards, unless the new designer bases all models on a horrible flagship design, which probably wouldn't be created anyways.
You are misreading. Calm down.

I don't think anyone here is saying anything at all racist. This is a us based forum. The number of actual racists on here is probably close to nil.

What you need to do is educate yourself on the opinions our bmw rep clown has been posting in the politics section about ppl like karim Habib living in Germany. You know the stuff that's been in the news incase you are living under a rock.

What's shocking is that a company would actually allow their social media / online rep to make racially based posts on a routine basis. I don't see any professionally run company allowing this via their official channels. Pick any company and see if you can find their reps making posts about people based on race or religion using the same channel they use to talk about products. If a bmw corporate person feels free enough to post stuff like that online then there might be a culture of it there. Where there's smoke there's fire kind of thing. Either that or it's total amateur hour with Scott.

Just a general trend of piss poor decisions from a company that is riding on a history of incredible greatness.

In the end it doesn't matter. He did his job and now he's gone. A lot of people like his designs and a lot of people don't. Par for course for a designer.

What I am concerned with is the trend of decisions bmw has been making so im concerned with what comes next. Deep down I know it's bad based on the last few years of decision making there.

So let's just look to see who gets the nod and go from here