View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
Nick340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport (shadow edition)

Fuel consumption.....zzzzzz

Hello,

Sorry to bore you all to tears, but considering trading in my 340i MPPSK for an M2C.

I am doing pretty high miles at the moment, 17k+ a year, mix of motorway (highway) and town/city. And some fun stuff, obviously.

Today I drove just motorway and I got 140 miles from 1/4 tank 20 litres. Longer distance like that I can get 370-420 miles from one tank.

But averagely I get 280-350 miles from a tank.

The overall MPG on the car says 24.6 at the moment, that is since I reset it in October, which is a mixture of all my driving.

The 340 benefits from Eco mode, which is really good on longer journey with traffic, lets the car coast and uses a lot less fuel. And you can flick into comfort or sport when ever you need acceleration and then back to cruise in eco.

Be interested to har what your average is with mixed driving and what you can get out of it if you drive it like an saint on a longer run.

Normally I don't concern myself with these things, but it's a little out of my budget so just want to make sure I'm getting all my calculations right before I take the plunge.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Appreciate 0