Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The way I look at it is I'm going to be living in a state with mandatory front license plates for the foreseeable future and it only cost $300 to repaint my bumper.

I rather two concealed screws on the front plate, than keep risking unnecessary tickets.

It's not like you're going to store the vehicle in a hermetically-sealed container and preserve it for generations; it's a bumper, it's going to encounter battle-scars such as stone etches and paint chips anyways..
May not bother you, but most everyone here is OCD and does not like the idea of holes in their bumper. Good thing is there are a number of options that let you run a front plate without drilling holes. IMO the best one is STO N SHO, because it's centered and how easy it is to snap on/off your front plate, literally in a few seconds without any tools or drama.

I get the whole OCD thing, however, here in NY, if the plates in not in the dead-center or more than 12 inches from the ground, you can still be issued a summons for a violation.

I much rather bolt them up and just forgot about it.

What does one do with an Alfa Romeo Gulia? I don't think a plate can be mounted in the center.
To answer your question; Alfa makes a hitch that goes into the tow hook, which they provide to their customers, to attach the front plate - or they screw it on, above the hitch mounting point.
That's not dead center though. Won't they ticket that?
You possible can, NYC has a army of unforgiving meter maids that are out everyday but my friend with the Alfa was confused by what I was asking her and doesn't seem too concern (party girl) about the requirements.

I know when I was in high school, friends with vehicles with dropped suspension and tow-hook attached plates where issued a summons because it was not in the correct location, so that's a proven fact.

Even the registration sticker on the windshield cannon be above the inspection sticker, they need to be lined-up, side by side, left to right or a possible ticket.

No joke, I was just lazy to clean off the glue from the old, expired sticker and was issued a $65 summons because I placed one sticker above the another.

Here's a thread with some folks bitching about the rule, there are tons more in the regional Honda forums.

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156622
Attached Images

Appreciate 0