View Single Post
      04-14-2020, 01:44 AM   #21
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

Hi Nezil-

Just wondering if you ever completed the job with your buddy's 235i and if you did, if you used the motive bleeder or the method that ended up working for you.

I removed my CDV some months ago and reverse bled with the 150ml syringe. I'm not convinced I don't have a bubble in there. If I'm slamming gears at WOT, I'll occasionally feel like there's a delay--like a serious 1-2 second delay where I don't have full engagement after my foot is off the clutch. It's only happened a few times but it scares me. Could be something in the rear end too, not sure, but there's sometimes a feeling that something's slipping. I may try it your way and see if it makes any difference.

Anyway, just throwing it out there to see if anyone bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I didn't use a pressure adapter in the end, I just kept manually re-filling the reservoir every other pump of the clutch.

I did order a Motive European Power Brake Bleeder from Amazon but I needed to use the car and so worked out another way. I still haven't used the Motive tool yet, but might do this when a friend with an M235i stops by.

ISTA+ doesn't mention this, but if I have any issues when I eventually test the motive unit I'll post back here.

I didn't really post about it because I used the same approach in the other thread I linked to. I removed the slave cylinder completely, and fished out the rubber ring and metal CDV using a 45 degree pick if I remember correctly. I kept the parts in case of issues.

I then re-connected the slave cylinder with the CDV and rubber part removed, and there are no leaks. I'm not the first to do this, and I'm sure I won't be the last...
Appreciate 0