View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #6
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellvrsd View Post
OP, when you were trying to reverse bleed, did you have the bleeder screw open 3-4 turns? I found this to be necessary when I reverse bled mine. I initially tried operating the bleeder like I normally would (60ish degree swing of the wrench) and no fluid was moving. It didn't even start to drip without a turn or two.
I did, yes. I hope I didn't give the impression that reverse bleeding wouldn't work. What I hoped my post said was that reverse bleeding is a viable method if you can get it to work... but I couldn't.

The other thing I wanted to get across is the reason reverse bleeding works, because I kept reading that it was to do with bubbles rising etc, which is not the reason at all.

I tried reverse bleeding in 3 ways:
  • Meat marinade syringe - leaked out the bottom of the syringe under any back pressure
  • Harbor Freight Oil Can - Stopped pumping as soon as there was any back pressure
  • Mitevac containter (in reverse) with airbrush compressor - worked fine initially, but air leaked out of the cap once the pressure was increased
I think some people had used a large (non-leaking) syringe, and this is probably capable of more than the ~10psi that I could achieve with the Mitevac container.

By the way, what approach did you use for reverse bleeding?

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0