View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #15
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post
From what I realize after reading your posts is that the bmw did not make any changes to the steering settings, but something just did not work well with resofting my car.

At this point, if I change the steering settings, the on-board display changes from Comfort to Sport and Sport Plus, but in fact the steering acts as if it were Comfort.

Is there a simple and quick version that I can do to reinitialize the steering or solution is back to dealer and resoft?
Correct. If you wish to maintain warranty, talk to the dealer and have them perform a recoding on all modules next time. I’d wait about 2 more weeks for them to update to latest ISTA+ patch version as it could be a bug. BMW has been releasing updates like crazy recently ( mostly for G series cars though )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Tuner protection? Let us know what you find.
Correct, still waiting for more info. But I’m in contacts with a reputable tuner and they have a car that was updated to latest DME firmware with a new boot loader. Attempting to downgrade the boot loader to one that can OBD unlocks caused issues programming. DME wouldn’t take any flash and threw warnings.

I’m no reverse engineer so I can’t tell you what has changed on the bootloade side , but I can safely say there are no significant changes to the CAL that directly affects performance.

In fact the new ROM version is a minor patch to where all the addresses in the CAL line up to the old one for S55 M2C / newer S55’s
Appreciate 2