03-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2driverWV View Post
What istep did you get on the update? Looks like you took photo of insta+ so you can grab it from there or you can export to usb your drivers profile and open the file as it is xml and it will show you the istep version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post
I was yesterday at bmw for oil change and filters and the dealer told me it is a software update for M2C and it does it ... updating on all modules.

The " visible" results are: the engine run more round, the gearbox shifting smoothly......

But the steering is fucked.......the element that liked everyone because it was hard and precise and gave a sense of stability and safety at high speeds ... now it became soft, playful and unstable.

If before the update there was a big difference between the comfort, sport and sport plus steering wheel settings, now all are almost the same ... waste ... the direction is so soft that the car dances.

To be avoided!

the update is made by bmw service through obd and I'm afraid you can not choose which modules to update. I took the picture to see what modules are updating.

the changes are ok on the engine and gearbox but the disaster in steering
Appreciate 2
M2GT120.00
ChrisK4449.00