Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
That thread turned into a flood of ill-conceived speculation because the message the article in the OP was subsequently ignored by many. If a model is stagnant or in decline (which means any SUV is safe) or not catching on in China (which means anything one can be chauffeured in or anything weird is safe), it's at the very least going to be put under serious scrutiny before being renewed for another generation.

By the way, the forty models coming this year and next include all trim levels. So for example the 520d, 530i, 540i, 530d, 530e, and M550i, constitute six models already. Add in the X2, X3, 6 Series GT, Mini models, etc, and it'll no doubt get up to forty pretty quickly. The only thing truly new is the X2, which goes right along with the push for more SUVs (which will come at the expense of models which offer less utility and which today's consumer is moving away from).
I couldn't agree more. The chat in that thread was the fake news. The internet comes out and says silly things, like kill the the 3 series and the M3. The whole point I got from it was for BMW to reduce variants and simplify lines. As for your example above, there are SDrive and XDrive variants as well. Does the market really demand all these variations? Do people buy a 4cyl 5er?

X2 looks very promising but isn't the X7 debuting this year as well?

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0