Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke_B View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
From what I’ve read you shouldn’t have any problems as long as you keep the opfs
Yeah I get the same feeling, should be ok from what I read as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Why do you want EC/TUV approved? If you remove the resonator and stick on the Remus mid-pipe the exhaust will no longer be EC/TUV approved. The only way to really remain EC approved is basically not to increase power and not to increase sound. That is, an axle-back only system. You may get an increase in sound (with valves open of course), but the exhausts are EC approved because they basically adhere to OEM requirements and EU/TUV regulation.
Well dosen't "have to be" I just imagen that EC approved bits are less likely to cause a CEL or similar? I've read that the REMUS race axel back + the midpipe will cause CEL. That is why I'm thinking of combining the REMUS "sport" axel back with the midpipe instead. Hoping that it will give me some more sound without the CEL. And it will get rid of the "hanging" stock backbox.
Understood. EC exhaust is less likely indeed. That said, I haven't heard of the Remus racing exhaust + mid pipe causing CEL. Quite the opposite in fact (Joe Achilles uses setup for example). I'm looking at getting the same combination. If you have a source to the contrary please post
Appreciate 0