View Single Post
      06-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #11
GTIGUY1992
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
I got this message yesterday along with several others (chassis stabilization, TPMS, collision warning systems) and my DCT would only engage reverse, neutral and 2nd. I ended up needing to get it towed to the dealership and they won't have a chance to really look at it until Monday now.

I was at the race track with it, I'd got 2x 20 mins sessions in, then had lunch and upon going out to fire up for the afternoon the messages started firing off. It was quite a disappointing turn of events, I'd been making good progress in the morning.

So you just had a software update and nothing else? It sounds like my issues were almost certainly more widespread than yours, I hope they can sort them out properly because I don't want the same thing happening at my next track day which is 5 hours away!
Yes they ran a software update, and stated that they could not get the issue reproduced themselves (it happened in a very specific situation). It has never come back up since then so I really don't know if that update solved it or if it was just a once off software glitch.

For what it's worth, I track my M2 as well and I have never had this issue at the track, so it sounds like yours might be a different root cause/issue altogether. Mine is a 6MT, but yours sounds a lot more like a transmission issue rather than a pure diff issue.

Best of luck and let us know what the news is. My first track day I boiled my fluid and got crazy chunking on the crap continentals within my first two sessions hah, 2.5 hours drive one way completely wasted because I couldn't even run again as I had such bad vibrations.