08-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #23
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
From https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6562

"Due to this factory device, the clutch engages the flywheel slowly, regardless of how quickly you lift off the clutch pedal. In theory, it reduces driveline shock, if an inexperienced driver dumps the clutch. In practice, it prematurely wears the clutch disc and transforms experienced drivers into novices, who cannot shift smoothly."

(I did this on my E46s and E82 and plan to do the same for my new to me OG M2).
I don't think the difference on the F-series cars is as pronounced as it was on the E-series. Not having driven an E-series before and after though, I don't have any basis for comparison.

As I said before, I also think there is a difference between an F-Series M car and an F-Series non-M car. There was absolutely no slipping with my M2 with the CDV in place, and I could easily get the wheels to chirrup changing 1st to 2nd.

Although now I've done it, I'd class this mod as a 'must have / do', there must be a reason that hardly anyone complained or found a solution until relatively recently...

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0