04-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #37
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
I'm thinking my installation may be boinked (somewhere) at this point. I'm going to clean and re-do the install. The ini files look fine and everything I've read looks like I'm configured correctly. Last confirmation was the EDIABAS configurator which matched my settings. I even made sure that I had the latest drivers (USB ethernet) too and it must be working to at least read the VIN off the car .. So much to learn.
Yeah there is a steep learning curve with these cars, especially since there is so much flexibility in tuning, coding, diagnostics etc. When I was involved in the mercedes community it was so much different since there was literally no resources compared to bmw. You had no factory diagnostics, no real tuning support except for really poor tuner boxes (not like jb4 with huge support and lots of features) and crappy bench flashes. Pretty much with mercedes it was buy and do simple bolt ons and be done. But my cla 45 amg did have a better interior than the m2 imo, the recaro seats were also some of the best stock seats I have experienced (porsche's fixed back carbon seat is better, and the stock evo/gt350r seats are good too), way better than any non recaro seat bmw has ever made.