03-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #50
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialEdition_F87 View Post
Sad part is, I take delivery in less than a week so in all honesty I’ll do everything to not void the warranty. By the time I’m ready roughly 40k miles I’ll go ahead and toss on a upgraded crankhub. By that time there will be enough R&D with the precision dynamics hub for me to fully decide. Also @f87source what’s your take and opinion on the VTT spline lock v2? What’s a spline lock and how does it differ from the upgraded drilled crankhub. Much cheaper and ive gotten quoted 2,000$ Thanks !
Well my take is that the v2 with striaght splines are much better than the v2, and there is now proof it cuts into the crank shaft.

My next thoughts are that splines are designed to take torque hence why transmission input shafts, half shafts, etc are splines and not pinned. So straight off the bat I lresdy like the spline lock concept more. However I do not know if the crank shaft material is cut deep enough so that the splines will not deteriorate if it needs to be used, so far vtt has said it has broken a crank shaft before it slipped and no v2 had failed. So I'm confident enough it works well. So if it was my car I'd go with a SPLOCK over all other options.

There was a guy online that made a SPLOCK with pins as a hybrid setup, and that would be even better imo. But he was an unknown guy so I don't know if that's even trustworthy. But the best solution imo would be to have a tool to cut deep splines that would match the SPLOCK, and also have pins.

Last edited by F87source; 03-27-2021 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Megator517.50