View Single Post
      04-15-2020, 12:33 AM   #60
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

So the latest is that PTF has closed my support ticket as resolved, which is disappointing.

I sent some emails and had a phone call this morning to see if I could find any more evidence for this being a known issue and more importantly, if there has ever been evidence of a fix.

My phone call was to Pure Turbos, mostly because I have considered upgrading the turbo on my car, but if this waste gate issue cannot be improved, I don't think I'll be bothering. To my surprise, the guy I talked with there said that this has been a known issue since the N54, and present with the N55 and S55 motors. He had a 600whp 6MT N54 based car and couldn't stand the excessive lag between shifts. Since then he's been auto or DCT precisely because of this. He did think that times had changed since his experience however, and felt that there were initially fixes such as the WOT Box, which is an aftermarket No Lift Shift / Two Step piggyback box for 6MT cars, JB4 has a relay based solution, and more recently flash tunes to address the issue.

I've now also sent emails to several tuners in the US, basically asking them if they're interested in working on a solution to this problem together. I'm prepared to pay for a custom tune with them, but only if they're able to address this behaviour.

As of now, I'm still waiting to hear back from the tuners I've contacted, but will keep this thread updated if I hear anything.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 4