View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 10:45 PM   #51
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I went back and looked at logs again re. boost build speed. Here are the results:

Some caveats though... Boost building isn't a linear effect. The gradient (psi of boost built / second) isn't an exact representation of the speed boost builds in each case, but it is an indication.

As you can see, the absolute duration that boost builds for before crossing boost target is longer if you shift slower, but the rate at which boost builds is faster.

A faster shift is undoubtably quicker overall, but it could be quicker still if there is some way of speeding up the boost build rate by closing the waste gate.

If there is some way of building boost quicker, the biggest effect will be found with reasonably fast shifts ~1.4 seconds.

I firmly believe that shifting at 1.4 seconds should be considered a 'fast' shift. It's not super aggressive, but it's also not slow. A 0.7s shift, while possible, is not comfortable for passengers or for the drivetrain. Those of you with 6MT that can capture logs, take a look at your shift times. I'd be surprised if anyone can make shifts quicker than 1.0s on the street day to day.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
Saanen180.50