Thread: Is the M2 raw?
View Single Post
      12-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #18
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Really tough question - so subjective. For example I read a lot of people tell me how stiff and unbearable the suspension is on bad roads in the M2 and to get the m240 etc. well to me the M2 is not overly stiff, and it strikes a great balance of being a track ready street car. Are there moments where you are bouncing up and down on the road because of it.. yes.. but it's totally liveable and finely tuned.

So to answer your question now that I've tried to qualify my answer a bit above I would say short answer is Yes the M2 is raw. I think thats a great description especially since I'm coming for a 2012 Audi S4. That car is not raw in any stretch and it can still move. Its a 50/50 blend of luxury/feel and performance. The M2 is 75/25 Performance to luxury. this is not a roll around town cruiser the way the Audi can be. This wants to be driven. the steering is as good as it gets for electric, the big deal people make about active sound is laughable. You don't notice it or you will and not care and if you are ocd then just get the cable and be done with it. simple. throttle response and feel and sound are great on a stock car. they are designed one way as that's the only way they can come 'out of the box'. I am having a blast with it in the winter so I can't even imagine how fun this will be when I have traction again.
Appreciate 0