12-20-2016, 04:29 AM   #12
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Hoping to avoid any snarky remarks. Yes I have searched and nothing directly answers this to my satisfaction. I'd like to hear from actual owners please. I own and intend to keep a 2013 E92 M3 and really love the visceral feeling it gives and love analog cars and their authenticity. Currently I daily drive a 2006 E90 325i owned since new and despite its lack of power I enjoy the sport suspension, smooth engine, great brakes and superb steering. I like the fact that there are no settings or adjustments, you simply get in and drive no fussing. It's set up right and that's it. We all know the direction BMW has moved in and my 2013 X3 is a shining example with respect to electric steering, weird throttle, turbo etc.

Thanks
My girlfriend has a 228 and I hear you about the throttle and electric steering. It feels so different to my M2 that I hate driving her car. The steering feel is just so weird.

My M2 is not like this at all and feels a lot more raw and connected. Almost like my E46 M3, but you can feel it has electric steering. I'd say the M engineers made sure to make it feel as raw as possible as that is what an M car is about in my opinion.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 3
SoCalRob281.00
AYurch50.00