View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 09:09 PM   #197
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

My car is my daily but only does a really short commute along with 10-15 track days last year, this year it was going to be similar but now probably closer to 6-10.

I get the once a year oil change from BMW but last year did a change in April before the first weekend on track, then BMW oil change in June and then did a final winterized oil change in November. This year my first track weekend was to be this weekend now, I took it for the BMW oil change today but the valvetronic motor has died again so maybe my first weekend gets pushed back to July, especially if they decide they need to change the eccentric shaft too.

During the track season I did 5-6 days on Motul RBF600 between flushes and then at the end of the year switched back to BMW fluid for the winter. And I've switched back to RBF600 when I put on the stainless brake lines a few weeks ago. After 5-6 days I did start to get a bit of sponginess after spending time at a brake-heavy circuit so I swapped at that point (and the brake callipers also started to more rapidly change colour).
Appreciate 0