View Single Post
      11-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #78
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetsstm3 View Post
As an MSRP paying GTS owner I'm obviously wary on purchasing this CS given that my GTS is now worth only about half of what I paid. My biggest (and only) gripe about the GTS is it's lack of a third pedal. However I'm an M3 collector and I wanted to own the best version of every generation imported to the US and the GTS checked that box. I think the availability of a manual is the stand out feature on the M2CS compared to the M4. I will buy one and I will drive it and only hope that my depreciation doesn't tank too much. This car will sell out and only the greediest of dealerships looking for huge markups will be left with any inventory. I think BMW priced this car accordingly given the sum of its parts and limited production. Is it a bargain? No. But it checks enough boxes for me as a fan of the brand.
I agree with many of your points. However, we all know the vast majority of cars depreciate, so it shouldn't be too much of a shock.

These are "irrational" purchases in the end. And as such, they're toys for the enthusiasts. Just enjoy it and if it goes up in value, that's just a bonus.