Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
No offense but the HK amp is tuned for the HK speakers so just putting in speakers will not give you much improvement in dynamic range. Spend the $750 on the amp and you will understand. With the amp you can up the bass with the sws 2ohm subs.
Just saying...
The HK speakers suck. I was a sound system junkie back in the 70's and 80's and the speakers are avg at best. The magnets on them are puny and the tweeters arent silk domes.

Although the amp certainly helps as per many posters on the board, I can always add the Match 7 Amp in later.

IMHO the speakers brought in a huge change in bass in the unassisted sub range (100+ hz). The high end was also much truer.

An Amp alone is still driving those HK speakers. Kind alike putting lipstick on a pig...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
No offense but the HK amp is tuned for the HK speakers so just putting in speakers will not give you much improvement in dynamic range. Spend the $750 on the amp and you will understand. With the amp you can up the bass with the sws 2ohm subs.
Just saying...
The HK speakers suck. I was a sound system junkie back in the 70's and 80's and the speakers are avg at best. The magnets on them are puny and the tweeters arent silk domes.

Although the amp certainly helps as per many posters on the board, I can always add the Match 7 Amp in later.

IMHO the speakers brought in a huge change in bass in the unassisted sub range (100+ hz). The high end was also much truer.

An Amp alone is still driving those HK speakers. Kind alike putting lipstick on a pig...
Noob question: does the Eton 100W front speakers come with tweeters too? They dont offer a rear set for M2C?
I too noticed theres a big drop off on the sound quality comparing to my E90 335i with the Logic 7 surround sound. Kinda disappointed so looking for options to upgrade, i'm by no means an audiophile.
Appreciate 0