05-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Durham View Post
I have my car booked in for Paint Protection Film later this week. I intend to have the front bumper, wings/fenders, full bonnet/hood and mirrors covered.
I was just wondering if anyone who has done any mileage in their car has any advice on any other areas to have covered?
I was wondering if the film the manufacturer has applied forward of the rear wheelarch was sufficient?
I was thinking of perhaps getting the sills/rockers done too?
Also, the lower rear bumper/fender area behind the wheels?
I would be grateful to hear if there are any other areas I should specify for protection.
Covering the whole car is not an option due to cost.
Thanks.
I have full front and many other bits done on mine. I have bumper, full hood, full front fenders, headlights, A-Pillars, mirrors, front on roofline (quarter roof), rockers/area behind each tire on wheel arch, door handle cups (finger nail protection), rear fenders (about 4 inches higher than factory film), and luggage area on top of bumper. Rockers/area behind tires are probably the most vulnerable due to rocks kicking up from your own tires. I actually protected that area when driving to get my PPF put on as my installer reiterated covering that area.

I intend on keeping my car for at least 5-10 years (depends if my hankering on getting a Porsche can be contained, lol).
Appreciate 0