Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP
Quote:
There shouldn't be current loss. Voltage drop at the connection, maybe, but would be very minimal if done right. It's just a switch like any other.
Sounds good and promising then...just a thought though are switches not on the can-bus-thingie?
The wires from the switch will go to a controller or a relay. the switch is the dumb part, meaning it just completes a circuit. The controller just needs a signal and won't care where it comes from.

The button on the console should be a3 position rocker switch and the switches on the steering wheel would need to match that. The common wire for the neutral position will need to be on both steering wheel buttons. Then one of each "up" and "down" to each of the buttons on the steering wheel. If that makes sense.

PM me if you want me to draw you up a wiring diagram. I won't be able to do one until later on next week because I'm at work and don't have access to BMW factory drawings.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP
Quote:
There shouldn't be current loss. Voltage drop at the connection, maybe, but would be very minimal if done right. It's just a switch like any other.
Sounds good and promising then...just a thought though are switches not on the can-bus-thingie?
The wires from the switch will go to a controller or a relay. the switch is the dumb part, meaning it just completes a circuit. The controller just needs a signal and won't care where it comes from.

The button on the console should be a3 position rocker switch and the switches on the steering wheel would need to match that. The common wire for the neutral position will need to be on both steering wheel buttons. Then one of each "up" and "down" to each of the buttons on the steering wheel. If that makes sense.

PM me if you want me to draw you up a wiring diagram. I won't be able to do one until later on next week because I'm at work and don't have access to BMW factory drawings.
has anyone actually tried this yet? was thinking of getting the blue ones from IND for my 2018 M2. would be great if we could use them to toggle up or down for comfort, sport, and sport+. not sure what else I would use them for. unless we could actually make them functional in our M2's.
Appreciate 0