United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk09 View Post
I almost signed it too!

He told me it's more for M2 cars.

Back to my original build.
That's one thing that drives me batshiat about some car dealers: They feel they have to lie, even when telling the truth wouldn't be any worse. Honestly, if a dealer told me "Yeah, it's $5500 'cause it's a desirable car, blah, blah." I still wouldn't be happy, but I'd be less pissed off than hearing an easily debunked lie.

Cool Story Bro: Years ago, we were looking for a used E39 (best all-around car BMW ever built, IMO) for my wife. We went to a couple of different dealers. One of the questions I asked was "why are some cars Certified Pre-Owned, when similar cars are not?"

The salesman at the first dealer said, "Certifying a car costs a fair chunk of change which we have to bake into the price, and some people would rather save the money." A sensible, and probably truthful answer.

The sales weasel at the second dealer could have said the same thing, but instead told us, "well, that particular car had its oil changed at a Jiffy Lube, so it's automatically ineligible for the CPO program." Three tiny problems with that:

1 - The car was new enough that it was still under factory warranty and maintenance. IOW, oil changes would be taken care of at the dealer for free, so why on earth would it be at a Jiffy Lube?
2 - Not 5 minutes before, the salesman had told us he knew nothing about the car's history. Now, all of a sudden, he knows where the oil was changed?
3 - According the BMW NA, there were a list of things that'll disqualify a car, but getting the oil changed somewhere other than a BMW dealer wasn't one of them.

Guess which dealership I bought my M2 from.
Appreciate 0