10-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #135
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
After seeing these pictures I really don't like the fender bulges on the M2, instead of looking muscular and agressive I think it looks "fat". Same applies for the M4, the rear looks fat instead of muscular imo.

You could say I'm totally biased and I am because I own a 1M, but one of the big reasons I bought it was because of the big fender flares which I liked alot from the beggining and I think they look miles better than the ones in the M2, but of course everyone has their own taste. Imo BMW could have done a better job, it's not looking good specially when side by side with the e46 M3 posted by the OP, that may well be the M2 worst angle and the one that I didn't notice before. Anything else is good, great little car I'm sure.

Attachment 1309176

Attachment 1309169

Attachment 1309170

Attachment 1309171
Couple things I'm going to say here:

First off, that picture of the M2 is an absolutely horrid picture to show the design of the rear arches. The reflections are completely blocking any vision of the actual design.

Also, in person, the design really works with what the rest of the car has going on. The 1M flares really suite that car well, but in person, its obvious that the M2 pulls off what it's trying to do very well. My point is, don't judge it from this picture because it's a terrible representation of what the M2 has going for it. However, you are right in saying that they're not like the 1M. But they are unquestionably more sculpted than the ones on the F82. They have a sweet design, seeing it in person really helps.

Soon.
Appreciate 0