sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by m dizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Great, so the 1/8" total toe in basically got you rear stability that you were happy with. I checked my alignment specs on two of my other cars I've tracked and was running that as well (.10° per side, so a hair less than your .14) for the rears (F30 and E36). So it'll be interesting to verify what the rear of my CS is at and adjust accordingly. I'll probably push the rear camber to the max possible stock (but not above about -2.1) Inner rear tire edge is doomed, but whatever.
I think he's actually running 2/8'' total toe in based on the sheet? Unless I'm calculating wrong. Running that much toe out in the rear will make most any rear stable.

Also, am I reading this wrong? it seems like he is running ALOT of toe out up front? 6 inches total toe out? Isn't that nuts? Don't have experience messing with the M2 CS on track but....on my current and past track cars if I run toe anywhere near that I would expect it to be tail happy.

Maybe I'm not reading/understanding this right.
I think for the front you are looking at the caster not the toe. His toe is zero up front.

His toe in the rear is toe in. And I rechecked it and it's 1/16 per side for 1/8 total.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0