Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM2 View Post
Glad you loved it! How was the drone?
I really can't comment on the drone yet. I drove it straight from the dealership to the place I get her wrapped and although highway in parts, it was in evening traffic. Whenever it was free, I actually had the windows down
But I will report back once will be able to comment on any drone issues.
Reviving a old threat here, but what was your experience with the drone? It's been two years since the last post - not sure you even have the car anymore
I still have mine and the drone in my opinion is minimal once warmed up.
Always more drone in the first 5-10 mins.
Best way to minimise is to leave exhaust flaps closed and in normal drive mode and not Sport mode until car warms up.
Great thanks for that. I get my mpe installed next week, just managing my expectations around the drone.

How do you find the car in comfort and valves closed with the MPE? How is it compared to stock comfort mode? Can the car with MPE still be quiet enough for a longer drive (not necessarily highway driving)?
In Comfort with exhaust closed is quieter than stock in my opinion.
Although I have deleted the ASD. Active Sound Design.
Wow - thanks. That's the surprise to hear but a great one for me as I'm hoping the exhaust will really have those two characters to be quiet or loud when required.

I've already deleted ASD so hoping there's not as much drone as others experience.

How do you find the tone of the mpe exhaust with flaps closed? I've read quite a few posts that stock in sport/sports + sounds better than mpe flaps closed in sport / sports +?
Hi mate. To be honest can't remember that far back, as only really had the stock exhaust for 3 weeks before replacing.

Maybe I'll put my question another way - is the exhaust good to hear to with flaps closed or is it really only when in it's in track mode that it's good to listen to?
I only drive in Sports and Track exhaust Mode. Lol.
Haha I had that feeling many just do that 👍👍
Can't wait for the install next week - thanks again for the the heads up on what to expect!
Appreciate 0