View Single Post
      01-22-2023, 06:47 PM   #14
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track/S View Post
You should ask protuningfreaks this question, with a custom map you get more than 100hp of difference between stock and hybrids, and the other difference is that stock turbos with stage 2 can die at any time, in my case they were mounted to prevent premature breakage and eliminate excess torque at low revs.
I don't believe that stock turbos would just die out in stage 2 unless you were really pushing the turbo on that map with no regards to when it's working outside of its efficiency range for an extended amount of time.

Now running stock turbos on a 2H map where the tuning strategy is geared towards working with hybrid turbos then yeah, you're more on the edge of killing a pair of stock turbos that way.

Most important note though I agree with you I don't get hung up on these numbers anymore, the graphs tell a much better picture in how you're getting to whatever number you logged. I'd rather consistency if the hardware doesn't need to push 90% into its efficiency to get there. Glad you're happy with your results that you have, I care not for the numbers just the experience you're having along the way
Appreciate 0