05-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #1981
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Just for kicks it looks like the M2 CS front lip, hood, and rear spoiler are right at $10k without install. That takes a $65k MSRP m2C to $75k. Now before someone says you can get an m2 used or new with a discount this wasn't always the case. Usually getting one of the first ones in the states doesn't come with a discount. Those purchasing a CS are the early adopters and going to pay to play.
Dave

I did not actually look at the prices. . . I know these things are expensive and most likely marked way up for profit. Plus, in truth, none of them interest me.

That said, I suspect things are even worse than they appear and, perhaps, you can deny or confirm?

Namely, if one were to order an M2C, it comes with a hood that might not be quite as expensive as the CF hood, but I suspect still pretty damn expensive. So, if one were to order a CF hood at time of M2C build, do they give you credit for the cost of the stock hood toward the CF hood . . . I seriously doubt it?

So, if I am correct, you are not only paying for the CF hood, but also paying for the stock hood that BMW will keep. Am I wrong? Or does BMW give you a credit for the stock hood toward the CF hood?

///AVM
Appreciate 0