View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 08:20 PM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Personally, having a modded car myself, having done some donuts and quick accelerations, and plan on tracking the car this season I see very little wrong with buying a modded or tracked car. Well, I guess more specially I have no problem buying a modded M2, because I have a few years experience knowing what's what with them now. What safe mods are, what needs to be done to make them safe, etc.

Anything that wears on a tracked car is all consumables that will need replacing eventually anyway. Tires, brakes, etc. People who track their cars tend to be even more anal about maintenance than regular owners. Especially when they track a new car, because they don't want to damage their expensive new car by not changing the oil enough or doing other maintenance and checks. This previous owner seems to be responsible that way, in so as he replaced the brakes and brake lines as the first mod. And trackers are especially more responsible than someone who buys a new car and hoons it on the streets to show off. Which anyone with a stock car is just as capable of doing. Not to say I believe hooning on a stock car would damage anything, but that people who hoon on a stock car in the streets are less likely to keep up on maintenance.

The M2 is also very capable of handling the mods listed and more, without issues and maintaining OEM reliability. It's not like any of the mods installed make any other part less reliable. What I mean is there aren't any power mods added that put too much stress on anything else. For example, my previous car, a 2007 Saab 93 Aero, the coilpacks would only last 3-4 years after being tuned due to the extra stress of the tune. Nor are there electrical mods that you have to be worried about with odd wiring jobs and such. All the mods listed here just make the car even more reliable and more safe than it came from the factory. It's not like this M2 has been through many owners over many years doing questionable repairs to it.

I say do a thorough inspection of the car, like with any other car before buying, and if you're happy with it, then buy it.

Also, inconsistencies in paint may not be a sign of an accident. Sometimes cars are damaged in transit and repaired at the port before delivery to the dealerships. Though if you do find any inconsistencies, you can use that to ask for addition money off the purchase price.
Appreciate 3
DanG10444.00
Kamaan0.00
Poochie9099.00