View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 05:22 AM   #58
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4speed View Post
Most of my events last year I was able to start a TPMS reset just prior to each lap, and the reset never completed prior to the finish of the lap. Then we went to a bit larger site, runs normally 70 secs to often 80secs+. At this location the TPMS resets were able to reach completion, then kicked us into comfort mode. We were running fairly low tire pressures by then, around 29-30 psi.

Very possible the M2C has different parameters, if so I am envious!
I think it must have a different setup. At the CCA O'fest my run group was about 15 cars, and after each run we returned off the course, drove a long way down a grid road, made a u-turn and then got back in line. I think I went four runs like that without shutting off the car. It would show 99% on the reset scale, but it never completed. I think it wanted to exceed some level of speed for a given amount of time, and that wasn't completed. The course was long and very fast in spots too (at the Michelin Proving Grounds, aka Black Lake).

Just recently when running at a CCA event at the PerfCenter, I let out a ton of air in the fronts to keep them at 34psi over the space of many runs. The course is very long (85 seconds) and very fast on their track, so the brakes get super hot as one would expect. Anyway, after a long cool down for lunch, the tires were around 28psi. I should have taken a picture of the display since it didn't say immediately inflate and throw a warning, but it did state something about checking the owner's manual and the tire pressures -- some sort of intermediate warning I guess when it sees all four tires near same level but not too crazy low? After a few runs (we all had many runs) and up to temp and pressure, that message just stayed on the screen. It didn't interfere with DSC off at all fortunately.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8

Last edited by CSBM5; 02-12-2020 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0