View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 10:59 PM   #55
toy4speed
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

End of last season, at an autox at Crows Landing, a very large concrete site with courses often 70 secs+, my '18 M2 kept getting a TPMS warning. We were running the RE71 tires at 29-30 psi, and I believe the TPMS sensors read about 2 psi low. Anyway, each lap, about 3/4 of the way, the TPMS warning would come, car would go into comfort mode. This was after starting the tire pressure reset prior to each lap. Normally run in DSC (TC) fully off. Made the last 2 slaloms and 180 turn fairly sluggish.

So, today I removed the TPMS sensors from my autox wheels. Excited to see how the car responds at an autox. Hard to get on the car enough around the neighborhood to feel if DSC (TC) fully off stays off through all the modes (comfort, sport, sport+). I definitely have comfort, sport, and sport+ functioning as normally would with sensors. MDM also working as usual. Turning DSC fully off also as usual.

What I am not sure yet about is if I turn off the DSC fully, then change mode to sport+, if the car will have the throttle/steering settings of sport+, and still allow the DSC to remain fully off. It "feels" like it might, which would be a nice combo to have. In stock form, with TPMS sensors, turning DSC full off, then changing mode to sport+, will also change the DSC to MDM setting, and the DSC full off is no longer available.

Lots of varying info online, and perhaps M.Y. '16 and '17 is different, but I hope to clarify this for the '18 LCI models. There is also some opinion that the M2C may have different modes available when running without TPMS sensors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0