Thread: UK deals
View Single Post
      12-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #18
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, 1M,

Hi Smee.x.

Interesting that you already have a confirmed ETA for October. I asked my dealer (same dealer who supplied my 1M) and he's not able to confirm a build allocation or slot as yet. I'm in no hurry but he did say it would be 2016 delivery and they have two cars. One of which was pre-sold before i reserved the second.

I've havent spec'd as yet as i'm unsure between going for a manual or DCT. He wants me to drive a M4 DCT before i decide.

As for the 1M - i had it from new and let it go last year; various factors really; space, arrival of a new baby, moving house etc. and i wasnt driving it anywhere near what i'd have liked to. Sold it with 6K on the clock with me owning from new. We've now moved and i got the wife something more suited (4x4) for her and the little one which means i can play with cars again.

Some say i might regret getting rid of the 1M but the M2 is promising to be something really special (so i hope). Its just missing that rarity element which is a bit of a bummer... 1M was an amazing machine - no doubt about it. Those who have had it will know.
Appreciate 0