12-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #17
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 (Oct '16), Nissan GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post
I just feel there is a lot of speculation about this being a mass volume car however there is nothing concrete from BMW to suggest it will be if it doesn't have a dedicated production line. Mass volume compared to what? A 1M? Dealers also seem to be "pissing in the wind" as there all telling customers different stories just to get people to pay deposits. One guy i spoke to wanted a 5K deposit! Like WTF?! .

I suppose not having a dedicated production line potentially makes this car more profitable for BMW as its a parts bin special.
BMW are certainly going to have to plan in, increases in production, this may take a year to kick in. As I mentioned above, my dealer is getting an M2 demonstrator and 3 customer cars in 2016. I dont think BMW will go mad with the volumes, and it will be mass volumes compared to the 1M and it will take time to ramp up production.

Only 400 cars for the UK in 2016, I dont see many of them available come April. Demand in the 1st year will outstrip supply.

My dealer took a £1k deposit which I thought quite reasonable. £5k is taking the p1$$.

Hotrod99, You trading your 1M?
Appreciate 0