View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #228
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Hopefully that's not what the next M2 will look like. The current gen is so much more aggressive looking
These are just renderings done from the current Gran Coupe. It won't look like that.

Here's a hint of what's to come...

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post25823417

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
As I said previously what they say: The need to distance M cars is very much a global decision. The M customer explains that there is not much variation. The M3/M4 and even M2 are the "wild cards"
They are more volume therefore they can still offer taboo features like a manual transmission. When the competition cannot.
It heralds an all new outlook to BMW M. Engineering,Performance and Design.
Enough with the nonsense about China. Especially when the US remains the largest M market.
I can sympathise in regards to the appearance. But I know that time will be its greatest ally and some of the detractors will come to eventually love it.
SCOTT26 Does this mean there will be major styling differences between the next generation G42 220i/230i/M240i/M245i and the next generation G87 M2?
I have not seen the M2 proposals but all I can suggest is that when you look at the 4 Coupe to the M4 you can still have a slim intake underneath the grille with the 4. But the M has the grille down to the front spoiler.
The 4 takes its historic update from the E9 cars. Whereas the 2 will takes its from the 2002. Although the 2 kidney grille is not as prominent and large as it is on the 4. But uses the tall and thinner in terms of width ideas to update and give it a classic appearance.
Appreciate 4