04-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #1622
911TT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LLB OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
JS

Not sure why, but Mercedes has never tickled my fancy, even the AMG variants. That said, my disinterest is purely aesthetic, and I cannot say I have ever put one to the performance test. No doubt they are capable driving machines. Speaking of which . . .

I believe somewhere in this long thread we exchanged some posts about differentials. I really put the GTS torque vectoring to task today on some serious BFI ‘twisties.’ Absolutely the perfect combination of ‘slip and grip.’

I was chasing my buddy in his GT 350 – I am being kind in my use of ‘chasing.’ At any rate, I accrued some serious new front-end paint and windshield ‘war wounds’ during the festivities. To boot, when arriving back near my home, some old geezer rolled into my rear-end at a stop light. Of course, his Camry was no worse for wear, but I now have a nice rear bumper ‘scar’ to add to my collection. Felt bad for the dude and figured I would not pursue paint repair anyway, so I just bid him a ‘good day.’

Just a car, and I am trying to stock-up on good Karma during these testing times.

Stay safe brother

///AVM
You're a good dude. Karma's a real thing. I had a similar situation happen a few years back and it's just not worth it. Some day you, your wife, or kids will do the same to someone else and you'll want to receive the same grace...

Hard for type-A car fanatics to swallow, but it's the right thing to do in the situation!

Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00