Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Full story:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/04/...apple-carplay/

Looks like the constant criticism has gotten to them... makes sense, as it was honestly a bit rude in a way to charge for a feature that many <$20k cars come with standard on cars that cost anywhere for $40k-$200k, hopefully the connection issues also start being solved.

I wonder if refunds will go to those who paid for it?
While I didn't use CarPlay until the past month when I figured out that my Tunein Radio app works MUCH better with it, my current new-car subscription ends on 12/15. My ConnectedDrive page still shows the subscription renewal charges as others are seeing so I called the 1-888# to ask a rep about the announcement. I asked specifically about the end of the subscription cost requirement to continue using and after checking with a supervisor, she told me the announcement story was a hoax...there will continue to be a subscription cost.

For now I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but I'm getting the rear camera software recall done next week and will ask my dealer at that time. Any new/additional information should be much better communicated through the dealer network or BMW NA by then if this is true. I hope it is because I don't want to pay to continue using it.
Appreciate 0