View Single Post
      10-21-2019, 07:42 PM   #101
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I hit high temp on coolant well before oil. So, we’ll have to figure out how to address that first.

CSF has a race radiator that’s larger than my CSF radiator, but requires AC delete. That’s a no go for me.

Not sure what else can be done on the coolant loop besides the coolant/oil exchanger delete, but then your oil doesn’t heat up very quickly.

Pure water is supposed to lower temps 15-20F, but I need to figure out our coolant operating pressure to understand the vapor pressure risk.
I think that is going to be the road block that we run into with the N55 in this platform - unless we do some major modifications I'm not sure there is a way to keep the temps under check when it starts to get warm outside. The only OG M2 that I have seen to claim good temps in the heat is basically a race car. AC delete, major body modifications to funnel the heat out, added coolers etc. That's awesome and all - but as you know not very practical if you want to keep the car on the street. None of the aftermarket coolers seem to be able to prevent it - looks like it is inherent in the design of the car/powertrain.

I'm personally going to try to stay away from meth or pure water injection for as long as possible. Was leaning towards that direction at first but then decided to go with IC conversion & bigger turbo. Also upgraded the HPFP so hoping to be able to run up to full E85. Hoping the combo of the bigger turbo, ethanol, and new IC help us reach our power goal much more efficiently. Not going to run it near max power on the track - so hoping that making "easy" power on the track will promote cooler operating temps. My goal for power is 450 or a little more at the wheels.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50