m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvdh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
I love everything about this car including and especially it's sound. I would not presume to know better than German engineers or mess with their work of art.
Two problems with that:

1 - You think German engineers never mistakes? Google "BMW Nikasil recall" or "s54 bearing failure" sometime. And the M2 is not perfect. It's difficult to position the steering wheel to see the entire gauge cluster, and the gauge lighting is poor. The gas tank should be bigger. The electric steering is kind of numb. I'd include mandatory ASD as something else on the list of faults.

2 - Just because engineering implemented it, doesn't necessarily mean they agree with it. ASD is there because marketing thinks people want it.

To me, ASD is a gimmick, and I'm thankful for the existence of the PnP harness.
I respect the analysis but can't help thinking it's too damn much analysis. This forum is chock full of nit picking which is ok that's what this forum is about discerning end users sharing thoughts. Of course German engineers aren't "perfect" no humans are. They are however the best in the world in my opinion. As far as marketing vs engineering this is pure speculation on your part with zero evidence. To me the end product is what matters and again in my opinion BMW makes among the most fantastic products in the world consistently. I know I own four. All the nit picking about sound, sun visors and other nonsense won't change that.
Appreciate 0