05-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #65
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokrunka View Post
Sorry, what's a sprint booster?
It's a device that allows for the adjustment of throttle sensitivity. In your M2 you have a Comfort throttle and Sport throttle mapping. The Comfort throttle is more linear in terms of power delivery and much of the pedal throw is used, meaning that the pedal to the floor is full 100% throttle. With the Sport throttle, the throttle opens earlier and more rapidly as you apply the throttle. Full 100% throttle is realized at about 70% of throttle throw application. The remaining 30% of the pedal throw is dead space.

The Comfort throttle can feel a bit dead in the first 20% of travel and make the motor feel rather unresponsive. In the Sport throttle setting, the motor is bit over responsive in the first 20% or so of travel.

The Sprint Booster has two modes of operation, "Sport" and "Race", with each mode having 9 different throttle settings for a manual transmission. Sport mode has a more linear throttle, each increasing throttle sensitivity by 6% or so with each increase in setting. The Race mode has the more aggressive, less linear throttle, with the setting increasing sensitivity by 6% as well.

The Sprint Booster has made it much easier for me to smoothly drive the car coming off the line and on the 1-2 shift with the Comfort throttle setting. It's basically like the Comfort throttle X 15%. All it took was the Sport mode on setting "1" to get me what I wanted.
Appreciate 2
mokrunka140.00
ZPrime611.50